In order to register for courses after they have begun, a unique Add Code that is issued by the instructor is required. Students can only add classes in their mySierra using add codes before the add/drop/refund deadline (first census date). Please follow the instructions below:
- Attend the first and second class sessions of each class you wish to add.
- If there is space available, the instructor will provide you with a 4-digit Add Code you will use to register in the class.
- After obtaining an Add Code from the instructor, log in to mySierra to add the course.
- Register yourself in the class prior to the add/drop/refund deadline by visiting your mySierra page and clicking on the 'Registration and Classes' link.
- Input the CRN number and click "Submit Changes". It will then ask you for a four digit add code.
- Enter the code and click "Validate".
- After the add code is validated, click "Submit" to complete the registration.
NOTE: Students requesting to add classes past the “W” deadline will be denied.
- You must have a current application on file and processed prior to registering for classes.
- Students on waitlist stand a higher chance of receiving an add code over those not on the waitlist. Try to get onto the waitlist for the class before the first day of class. Refer to the waitlist FAQs for more information.
- You must obtain an instructor's signature in addition to an Add Code after the add/drop/refund deadline and register in person at an Admissions Office.
- Late Start or Fast Track classes may be added prior to their start date without an Add Code, provided there is still space in the class (if the class is full, you must follow the same steps as indicated above).