Apply for
Logo for Print

Payment Information

  • Share
    • Email

Students’ fees are due at the time of registration. To avoid being dropped for non-payment, you have a MAXIMUM of 10 days after you register.

If fees are owed after the semester begins a hold will be placed on your account and will be subject to collection.

Specific groups, such as those with approved BOG fee waivers, those on Payment Plans, or certain Veteran Chapter Benefits must have their paperwork processed well in advance of registration.

Students are responsible for:

  • Full payment of all charges at the time of registration.
  • Keeping Sierra College informed of any address changes.
  • Adhering to all deadlines.

You are liable for payment of the charges for all courses for which you register, whether or not you attend the course.  To have the charges removed, you must personally drop the course by the Add/ Drop/ Refund Deadline. See Course Drops.

View Your Account Balance on mySierra

Payment Methods

Sierra College accepts the following payment methods:

If you have accessiblity concerns, these forms are also available at the Bursar office or a Sierra College Admissions & Records office.

Payment Policy Frequently Asked Questions

When do I need to pay for my classes?

  • Payment is due at the time you register!
  • Please allow processing time for mailing and posting of payment to your student account.
  • If for any reason you have an outstanding balance on your student account after the semester begins, a hold will be placed on your account and you will be subject to collections.
  • If Financial Aid (such as BOG fee waiver, Pell Grants, Loans) is paying your enrollment fees, see section on Financial Aid below.

Are there any other options?

What if I receive Financial Aid?

If you are receiving Financial Aid:

  • You must submit your FAFSA or BOG fee waiver application prior to registering
  • California Residents with a BOG fee waiver award in place will have their enrollment fees waived. If non-enrollment fees are due, you will not be dropped for nonpayment. Please check with the Financial Aid Office to confirm your BOG award.
  • For information go to the Financial Aid page.
  • E-mail or call (916) 660-7310.

What if I am receiving Veterans Educational Benefits?

  • Continuing students that have been certified under Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) or Chapter 33 (Post 9-11) benefits – you will not be dropped for non-payment.
  • New students that are applying for Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) or Chapter 33 (Post 9-11), please make sure you have completed the intake process with the Sierra College Veterans Office in Rocklin prior to registering.
  • For information, call the Veterans Services Office (916) 660-7470.

What if an agency pays for my fees? (i.e. Workers’ Comp., Voc. Rehab., Active Military, Ghidotti or Employer)

  • Paperwork must be completed and processed by the Sierra College Bursars office two weeks prior to registering for your classes.  If contract is not in place you must pay your fees and then you will receive a refund once your contract is processed.
  • Fire Tech In-Service courses are exempt.
  • Questions about your contract, contact

Sierra College accepts the following forms of payment:

Cash:  U.S. funds only.

Checks:  Personal checks, traveler's checks, cashier's checks, and money orders accepted for the amount due only.  Make checks payable to Sierra College. Two-party, post-dated, and altered checks will not be accepted. A returned check charge is assessed on any returned check in payment of your account, whether written by you or another party.

Credit/Debit Cards Accepted: Visa®, MasterCard®

Payment by Third Party

Arrangements for payment by an agency or company must be on file with the Admissions & Records Office prior to registration. The college will bill them directly. You are responsible to insure that a payment authorization is on file and for payment of any unpaid charges.

Financial Aid Students

If you are receiving Financial Aid, all forms must be submitted and processed at the Sierra College Financial Aid Office prior to registration.  For more information see Student Financial Aid or call (916) 660-7310.

International Students

International Students are responsible for full payment of all charges at the time of registration.  Registration fees may be paid by check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank or by credit card (Visa or Mastercard). For more information see International Students.


If you are receiving a scholarship, verification of the scholarship must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office prior to registration.

Tuition Payment Plan

Being able to budget your tuition into monthly payments makes paying for college a much simpler task. It is not a loan program. It is a flexible option that has no interest, no debt and does not require a credit check! The cost to sign up for your interest-free monthly payment plan is just $15 per semester. Here are a few of the benefits of the plan:

  • Multiple payment options: Automatic payments from a checking/ savings account, or credit card.
  • Easy sign up: Students can register for a payment plan online through your mySierra account.
For more information contact the Bursar's Office at 916-660-7615.


  • Image Location: L
  • L
  • 5000 Rocklin Rd.
    Rocklin, CA 95677
  • Summer M-Th: 08:00am - 05:30pm

    Closed on Fridays during the summer
  • (916) 660-7614/7615/7619
  • (916) 630-4500

Dennese Phleger Accountant

  • L 119
  • 5000 Rocklin Rd.
    Rocklin, CA 95677

Anna Platz Accounts Receivable Technician

  • L 119
  • 5000 Rocklin Rd.
    Rocklin, CA 95677

Pamela Robertson Accounts Receivable Technician

  • L 119
  • 5000 Rocklin Rd.
    Rocklin, CA 95677

Latest Update

Please enable Javascript to see the latest facebook update.

Featured Video