1. Meet with a high school counselor:
Your high school counselor must verify the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Completion of the tenth grade.
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Complete an online Application for Admission to Sierra College.
- Indicate on the application that you are a high school student.
- Within four business days of submitting your application for admissions online, you will receive an email from Sierra College containing important information, including your Sierra College ID number, mySierra log in information and your Sierra College email address.
3. Complete the assessment test:
- Students who wish to participate in the Academic Enrichment Program must assess into the appropriate transfer level courses.
- English (English 1A)
- Reading (English 11)
- Mathematics (if required for course placement)
- The Placement tool will help you determine whether or not you should take the English and/or Math Placement exam at Sierra College
- Students are only allowed to test one time per semester.
4. Provide Documentation to Admission and Records:
Academic Enrichment students must present the following documents in person with photo ID:
- Completed Academic Enrichment Permission Form
- An official high school transcript.
- Documentation of age (if home schooled or age is not reflected on high school transcript)
- Assessment Scores
- Affidavit is required if students are homeschooled or attend a charter school
5. Activate your mySierra account:
After you apply you will receive a confirmation email with your mySierra account activation instructions.
All students must activate their account in order to have access to online orientation, registration, and to view their official Sierra College email – log on to your mySierra account.
6. Complete online orientation to Sierra College:
Log on to your mySierra account, and click on the 'Orientation and Assessment' link on the Home Menu.
7. Register online:
Log on to mySierra and click on the ‘Registration and Classes' link on the Home Menu. In preparation we suggest you:
- Ensure that the class is not excluded from the Academic Enrichment Program by viewing the Restricted Course List.
- Prepare a tentative class schedule with the days and times using the Schedule of Classes.
- Check for course pre-requisites and co-requisites.
- Look for specific registration date and time under 'Status' in your mySierra account.
A maximum of 7 units each semester or summer is allowed. You will not be allowed to audit courses.
8. Pay your fees:
All fees are due upon registration.
You must resubmit all documents each semester you attend.