Capital Punishment, Race and Incarceration
The New Legacy Committee welcomes you to this year’s César Chávez Higher Education Speaker Series. Our roundtable discussion will be, American Executions: A conversation about capital punishment, race and incarceration. Moderated by California Superior Court Judge, the Honorable David De Alba, our special guest panelists are:
- The Honorable Cruz Reynoso, California Supreme Court Justice (fmr),
- Quin A. Denvir, Federal Public Defender and lead counsel in the “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski trial.
- Dr. Miroslava Chávez-Garcia, Associate Professor, UC Davis, author; States of Delinquency: Race and Science in the Making of California’s Juvenile Justice System (2012).
- Timothy J. Foley, Criminal Defense Attorney of capital crimes.
- Paul W. Comiskey, founder of the Prison Law Office, former priest of the Roman Catholic Jesuit Order, author; A Tax Payer’s Guide to the California Death Penalty.
Sponsored by: New Legacy Committee, Academic Senate, Associated Students of Sierra College, Cesar Chavez Foundation, Puente Program,Puente Club, Dream Club, Sociology Club, Sociology Department, Latino Leadership Council of Placer County.