Come to this important information session for the Spring, 2015 Study Abroad semester in Florence Italy
Sierra College is accepting applications for the Spring Semester 2015, to earn college credit while living and studying in the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence Italy. The Study Abroad program will offer this 12-week course from January 15 through April 11. Studying abroad provides students with a rewarding educational experience, and Sierra College has created an affordable all inclusive travel program that offers students the opportunity to advance their studies, while living in Florence Italy. The program fee is $6,050 (based on a minimum of 25 participants)
- Pre-departure services, including pre-departure orientation
- 12-weeks accommodations, including utilities
- Arrival care packages
- On-site staff support including 24/7 emergency support
- Airport transfers for group flight participants
- On-site orientation, including walking tours of Florence and orientation materials
- Classroom facilities, including computer access
- Optional cultural programs and excursions
- Florence Museum card provides unlimited entries to designated museums and galleries
- Italian language classes taught by Italian instructors
Program fee: $6050
Accompanying Faculty: Professor Kathleen Taylor, Psychology and Women Studies and Professor Andrea Neptune, English and Humanities
Information Sessions will be held in the Rare Book Room, LRC 201 from 1:30-2:30 pm on May 13.
Located on the banks of the River Arno, Florence is famous for its history and especially its importance in the Middle Ages and during the Renaissance, its art, architecture and, more generally, for its cultural heritage. A center of medieval European trade and finance and one of the wealthiest cities of the time, Florence is considered the birthplace of the Renaissance, and has been called the Athens of the Middle Ages.