Rise up to stop the violence against women and children in our community!
February 16th from 12:00-12:30, Sierra College will Rise Up! against the epidemic of violence on women and children in our community. Please note that we will be screening the documentary The Hunting Ground twice - once at 12:30 and once for the community at-large at 7:00pm with an educational, legal and law enforcement panel for discussion immediately following. The film: The Hunting Ground, is a documentary about sexual assaults on college campuses. It drew gasps at a Sundance Film Festival viewing.
- Noon: Sierra Rise-Up! 2016 begins
- 12:00-12:10: Volunteers to Quad to pick-up placards
(a limited number of event t-shirts will be available)
- 12:10 – 12:25: aiko Dan drummers begin
Campus-wide Distribution of Information Rise-Up cards
Sierra College Music Dept Rise Up! Drummers perform in the outer areas of campus
- 12:25: Bell of Transnational Solidarity
- 12:26: One Billion Rising anthem plays
- 12:30: Rise Up! Sierra 2016 quad event closes
- 12:45: The Hunting Ground screens in Dietrich Theatre
- 7:00: The Hunting Ground screens in Dietrich Theatre
- 8:00: Expert Panel and Community Dialogue: Panel and community discussion with Lucas Moosman, Dean and Athletic Director; Mandy Davies, VP Student Services; Sharon Adams, Dean Counseling; Officer Trent Jewel, Rocklin PD; Jennie Davidson, COO Stand Up Placer; Moderators Megan Seely and Kathleen Taylor
For more information, contact event organizer, Kathleen Taylor-Fillebrown at: (916) 660-8065, or firstname.lastname@example.org.