This lab, located at LRC 444A, is a specialized training center and serves all students with disabilities. Students receive individualized training and hands-on practice. Assistive computer stations are also campus wide.
Assistive software includes:
- Scan/Read programs for learning/visual disabilities: Kurzweil 1000 and 3000; Read and Write Gold; ClaroRead.
- Screen Readers: JAWS, Window Eyes, and Connect Outloud
- Magnification: ZoomTextXtra and BigShot
- Speech Recognition: Dragon Naturally Speaking and Via Voice
- Word Prediction: TextHelp Read and Write
- Writing Development and Organization: Inspiration, Dataspiration
Sierra College also has a variety of assistive hardware including a Braille embosser, tactile image enhancer, closed circuit T.V. magnifiers, and portable keyboard note-takers.
Call: (916) 660-7212
Alternate media may be accessed using Firefly.