Services for Students and Staff
The Writing Center provides one-to-one instruction on writing skills and assistance with writing assignments in all college subjects on a drop-in basis.
- Clarifying assignments
- Writing process
- Developing and organizing ideas
- Grammar and punctuation questions
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Interpreting literature
- Essay exam strategies
- Research skills, including Internet and databases
- Citing sources in MLA, APA, Chicago, and other formats
- Oral presentations
- Transfer application and scholarship essays
- Resume and business letter writing
- Word processing skills
The Writing Center staff members have experience working with a variety of learning styles and preferences. Let us know how we can help!
- 32 personal computers (PCs)
- Word processing (Microsoft Word 2010)
- Internet and library research databases
The staff makes presentations to classes about Writing Center services and writing issues, such as documenting sources, at the request of instructors.
Writing Center Spring 2013 flyer