The Sierra College Mentor Program is a way for TRiO students to gain extra guidance from faculty members. This program is a very important part of TRiO as it breeds positive relationships from all walks of life right here on campus.
What is a Mentor?
A mentor is an experienced adviser and supporter who acts as a counselor, a motivator, and a guiding force in your career.
What are the benefits of having a mentor?
- Increased awareness of the college system,
- Increased interpersonal skills,
- Enhanced decision-making skills,
- Acquire skills and resources needed to succeed as scholar and professional,
- Support and encouragement,
- Gain motivation to develop individual talents and strengths,
- Receive encouragement to become more motivated, self-disciplined and goal oriented,
- The comfort of knowing that a faculty member of the Sierra College campus has a sincere and active interest in your well-being.
How do I sign up for a Mentor?
Let your TRiO counselor know you’re interested in a mentor, and we’ll find a match fit for your needs!