First Year Experience (FYE)
First Year Experience Helps You Get the Most Out of College
FYE provides students with the opportunity to participate in and enjoy activities not generally offered in introductory level courses. While designed for new students, anyone can enjoy the benefits of FYE classes. Eligible classes are:
- English: 501, 570/570L, 50/50L, 571, N, A
- ESL 540R, 2
- Math: 581, 582, 584, A, D, Math Anxiety
- Computer Information Systems: 30, 50
- Personal Development: 8 (Introduction to College)
If you are eligible for or enrolled in any of these courses, you get to take part in all of the FYE activities and services.
FYE students are participate in on and off-campus activities and events such as:
- Wolverine Days: a college kick-off and welcome event that plugs you into the club, services and campus life at Sierra College
- Learning Communities: join a Learning Community (a pair or group of classes student take together) and get the benefits of a community of students just like you and a team of experienced faculty dedicated to your success
- Campus Tours: visit Cal State and University of California schools around the Northern California like San Jose State, Sonoma State, San Francisco State, Sac State, Chico State, UC Davis, & UC Berkeley, all for FREE!
- Special Workshops: Money Management, Healthy Relationships, & Healthy Eating
We also help you find all the campus resources you'll need to meet your goals and graduate/transfer: Financial Aid and Scholarships, Career Opportunities, Academic Counseling, Health Services, Academic Workshops, Multicultural Events & Activities, and Volunteer Opportunities.
Join the FYE Club Council!
Fill out our membership form to get involved. Membership includes you on our email list so you can stay informed about FYE activities. For more information, email our current chair at email@example.com.