Sierra College Theatre Arts Department Presents Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sierra College Theatre Arts Department announces its Spring production of The Picture of Dorian Gray adapted by Merlin Holland and John O’Connor, and directed by Scott Adams.
Set in the decadent world of Victorian London, a beautiful young man called Dorian Gray becomes infatuated by the exquisite portrait that Basil Hallward has painted of him. He makes a Faustian pact that he will remain forever young while the picture grows old.
Oscar Wilde’s only novel caused an immediate scandal when it was first published in 1890 and its themes of youth and decay, innocence and corruption, art and reality are even more relevant to us in the 21st century than in the 19th.
The production takes a steampunk approach to demonstrating the impact of Dorian’s influences and eventual moral decay in a mechanized and decaying society.
Performance Dates and Times
- Friday, March 20, at 8:00 pm
- Saturday, March 21, at 8:00 pm
- Thursday, March 26, at 7:00 pm
- Friday, March 27, at 8:00 pm
- Saturday, March 28, at 8:00 pm
- Sunday, March 29, at 2:00 pm
- Thursday, April 2, at 7:00 pm (director’s discussion at 5:00 pm and talk back after the show)
- Friday, April 3, at 8:00 pm
- Saturday, April 4, at 2:00 pm (closing matinee)
The Dietrich Theatre at Sierra College, 5100 Sierra College Blvd., Rocklin, CA 95677
$15 general, $10 students & seniors, $5 Sierra College Students
Purchase online or purchase at the door one hour before each show in the lobby of the Dietrich Theatre.
Call (916) 660-8036 for more information.