COVID-19 Sierra College Return to Campus
Fall 2022 COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Updated: August 15, 2022
For the Fall 2022 semester, these are our most recent COVID-19 safety updates:
- Masks continue to be strongly encouraged in indoor settings, but are not required (CDC guidelines recommend surgical or N/KN-95 masks)
- Please use the Symptom Check by asking yourself the three questions
COVID-19 Testing on Rocklin Campus
Sierra College offers a COVID-19 testing center on the Rocklin campus (J Building – Fireside Room).
During the Fall Semester, the testing center is open Monday through Friday. This is a walk-in testing site (no appointments needed).
If you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms you should get tested at the COVID-19 testing center before reporting to your in-person classroom. Generally, results are available in approximately 30 minutes or less, depending on the number of individuals testing and the results are emailed directly to you.
- Students and staff at the Nevada County Campus can request at-home COVID-19 test kits. Please contact Cathy Callas at (530) 274-5317 to arrange for pick-up.
- Students and staff at the Tahoe-Truckee campus can request at-home COVID-19 test kits. Please contact Mariana Jimenez at (530) 550-2225 to arrange for pick-up.
Symptom Check: Ask Yourself These Three Questions
- Am I experiencing COVID related symptoms? If yes, please get a COVID test.
- Have I been exposed (close contact) to a COVID positive case in the last 10 days? If yes, please call our Nurse Triage Team (if a member of our Contact Tracing Team has not already reached out to you) at (916) 655-9340.
- Have I tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days? If yes, please stay home and call our Nurse Triage Team (if a member of our Contact Tracing Team has not already reached out to you) at (916) 655-9340.