10am-2pm at the Rocklin Campus Center
Sierra College has celebrated Earth Day each year since its official world-wide inauguration in April of 1970; 46 years of celebrating our Mother Earth! Earth Day events are free of charge, and open to the public, and we welcome and encourage the community to come celebrate with us.
Most activities are set up outside all around the Quad/Campus Center (J-Building). A schedule of other activities will be posted at the ECOS Booth outside the Campus Center.
- Booths, demonstrations, presentations, artwork, posters, music, and activities by Student Clubs, Classes, Service Organizations, Environmentally-friendly businesses, and more.
- Earth-friendly products, T-shirts with original artwork by Joe Medeiros, great food, and other items for sale.
- Plant Sale - get flowers, herbs and veggies for your garden!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale (on the grassy knoll outside the library)
- 1-1:30: Sierra College Jazz Ensemble (outside Walker Hall, facing the quad)
- Booths, demonstrations, presentations, posters, music, artwork, and activities by Student Clubs, Classes, Service Organizations, Environmentally-friendly businesses, and more.
- Earth-friendly products, T-shitrs with original artwork by Joe Medeiros, great food, and other items for sale.
- Outdoor Climbing Wall (free): view the world from way up high!
- 10-10:30: Sierra College Wind Ensemble (outside Walker Hall, facing the quad)
- 1:00-2:00: Izzy Tooinsky (juggler – motivational humorist)
- 2-3:00: Nature Trail Guided Walk. Meet just to the left of the big world population numbers by the D-building at 2pm & join biology professor Jim Wilson on a fun and informative exploration of Sierra College’s natural side!
- Natural History Museum Lecture: A photographic journey of the Galapagos Islands. 4/22, 7:30-9pm, Sewell Hall, S-111. Sierra College. 5000 Rocklin Rd, Rocklin, CA. Suggested Donation: $5 public, $2 student, Museum members free. For more info contact Jennie Skillen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact Krissy Gilbert, email@example.com