Register NOW! All profits support Sierra College Foundation NCC programs for students and Soroptimist International of Grass Valley’s service projects for women and children.
A Day for Women
A Day for Women, Saturday April 22, will be a special day offering opportunities to learn and explore something new. Come experience several one hour classes, in areas such as Personal Growth, Creativity, Food, Gardening, Technology and Bodywork, plus a keynote speaker. This is a day especially for you...REGISTER NOW! Online at: www.sierracollege.edu/dayforwomen. Reserve your space by April15th, 2017. The price is $45 per person.
Sierra College Foundation NCC raises funds in support of Sierra College Nevada County students and programs by offering scholarships, emergency funds, supporting foster youth and tutoring for financial aid applications. In addition, we promote the awareness of the importance of the College to the Nevada County community.
The word Soroptimist is translated to mean “Best for Women.” Soroptimist International works to promote human rights for all, and to advance the status of women. Through Program of Service activities, members promote positive social change through Awareness, Advocacy and Action. There are almost 1,000,000 members in 120 countries worldwide. Soroptimists are women who use the special expertise and management skills developed in their working life to advance the status of women and make the world a better place.
Please join us at "A Day for Women" so that we may improve the lives of women and children in our local community.
SCHEDULE 2017 A Day for Women
- Registration, Coffee, Shopping (9-9:20)
- Introduction and Logistics (9:20-9:45)
- Session 1 (10-11)
- Brilliant Time Management - Machen MacDonald
- Living for the Heart: Mindfulness Practices for Women - Jen Winders
- Magical Makeover - Marye Heaven
- Paper Arts: Card Making - Gail Pascuiti
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes - Shauna Schult
Session 2 (11:15-12:15)
- Healing Through Aromatherapy - Gale Pylman
- Juggling Career, Family and Self - Kristen O’Shea
- How to Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck - Ayn Loehr
- Lifestyle Nutrition for Auto-Immune Diseases - Katie Carter
- Reloving and Repurposing for Home Décor - Jeri Dean
- Intro to the Cloud - Melissa Hannebrink
- Travel that Fits your Lifestyle - Phyllis Murdock
- Lunch Keynote Speaker Networking and Shopping (12:15-1:45)
- Kim Bateman, Ph.D, “We’re Jammin’: The Art of Reconciliation”
Session 3 (2-3)
- Movement for Better Bones - Roxanna Cohen
- Edible Landscapes - Susan Gouveia
- Outdoors in Nevada County Laura Petersen, - Jesse Locks
- Preparing Your Estate Plan at any Age - Jenni Johnston
- Paper Arts: Mini Journals - Cory Moore
- Regroup, Resettle, Reorganize after Life Changes - Suzie Daggett
- Closing, Raffle and Door Prizes (3:15-3:30)