Helping You Meet Welfare-To-Work Requirements As Well As Providing a Variety of Support Services
CalWORKS is a program intended to help students meet their Welfare-To-Work requirements and prepare for permanent jobs in their chosen profession. We provide a variety of support services to help you successfully complete your dream of a college education, while also meeting your county CalWORKS requirements. We will advise you of your rights as a CalWORKS student so that you can continue your educational goals. Work-Study is exempt income that does not affect your TANF/CalWORKS grant.
The program pays 50-75% of the CalWORKS student’s wages as an incentive for on and off campus employers to hire and train CalWORKS students.
- Personal, academic, and career counseling
- Employment opportunities
- Information and referrals to campus and community programs and services
- Educational expense cards.
To be eligible for the CalWORKS program, you must meet the following requirements.
- Be a current TANF/CalWORKS recipient OR a former TANF/CalWORKS recipient who has been off cash aid less than two years
- Be a current Sierra College student
- Be in good academic standing with 2.0 GPA or higher