International Students: How to Apply
Sierra is dedicated to helping you with the entire international admissions process every step of the way.
To become a Sierra College student, start with the international student application.
Optional form: Transfer Clearance Form
Required for International Student Admissions*
If you have any questions or need further information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or + 1 916 660 7330.
Paying the Application Fee
You can send the application fee by the following methods
- Bank draft or cashiers check.
- Master card or visa. Complete this credit card authorization form.
- Wire Transfer.
In the United States health care can be expensive. All international students are required to purchase medical insurance from the Sierra College recommended provider.
You must provide evidence of freedom from tuberculosis before the start of classes. If you are unable to receive the skin test at home, we will offer it at Sierra College. However, to make your transition easier it is best you do the screening while in your home country.
All documentation must be translated into English and dated within three months before the start of class, and must be completed in one of the following ways:
- Mantoux skin test, 5 T.U. (Tuberculin Units) with measurement in millimeters
- 0-4mm is negative
- 5-9mm is questionnable. Repeat test no sooner than six days from initial test
- 10mm and above is positive. Chest x-ray needed
- Negative chest x-ray for those who react to the Mantoux test with 10mm or more or who have reacted to the Mantoux skin test in the past.
Student Visa Process
- Apply to Sierra College. Once you are accepted, you will receive from Sierra College your Form I-20 and acceptance packet.
- Once you receive your I-20 make an appointment at your embassy. Read our helpful Visa Tips and Student Coming to USA information sheets.
- Pay the SEVIS requirement fee on line – remember to take a copy of the receipt to your appointment at the embassy. For more info visit FMJfee.com
- Go to your appointment and remember to take all your documents with you, (I-20, acceptance letter, financial documents, etc.)
- Make your travel plans to come to Sierra approximately 2 weeks before classes begin to attend testing and orientation