Pay for College While Gaining Work Experience
You can earn money and gain work experience while in college by searching for on- and off-campus jobs or by applying for Work-Study and CalWORKS positions.
Work-Study and Job Options
Seek job opportunities on- or off-campus that may align with your needs or interests.
Sierra College Work-Study Programs
what is it?
Federal Work-Study lets college students work part time while attending school.
How to get started
CalWORKS Work-Study Program
What is it?
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)/CalWORKS is a federal work-study program that helps students meet the Welfare-to-Work requirements and provides various support services.
How To Get Started
Find out if you’re eligible for CalWORKs by completing the application.
On-Campus and Off-Campus Jobs
WHERE TO FIND jobs
You can find on-campus and off-campus jobs through Career and Transfer Connections.
You can also contact departments at Sierra College that you’re interested in working in to see when the department will be accepting applications/hiring student workers.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Qualifications to Work on Campus
To be eligible to work on campus, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in and maintain six units during the regular school year (Exception: International Students must enroll in 12 or more units)
- Have a 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Maintain a 2.0 or better term GPA each semester
- Pass Live Scan background check
- Not attending Sierra College under the Academic Enrichment Program unless you work at NCC or Tahoe-Truckee under the Ghidotti Program
Note: You may not hold a job as a temporary employee and a student employee at the same time.