Pay for College While Gaining Work Experience

You can earn money and gain work experience while in college by searching for on- and off-campus jobs or by applying for Work-Study and CalWORKS positions.

Work-Study and Job Options

Seek job opportunities on- or off-campus that may align with your needs or interests.

Sierra College Work-Study Programs

what is it?

Federal Work-Study lets college students work part time while attending school.

How to get started

CalWORKS Work-Study Program

What is it?

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)/CalWORKS is a federal work-study program that helps students meet the Welfare-to-Work requirements and provides various support services.

How To Get Started

Find out if you’re eligible for CalWORKs by completing the application.

On-Campus and Off-Campus Jobs


You can find on-campus and off-campus jobs through Career and Transfer Connections.

You can also contact departments at Sierra College that you’re interested in working in to see when the department will be accepting applications/hiring student workers.


  • Search current on-campus job listings on College Central Job Board and the Sierra College app
  • Select “Search—My School’s Jobs”
  • Under “Job Location,” select “On-Campus” from the “Search by Multiple Locations” menu
  • If you’re interested in on-campus jobs, contact the Financial Aid Office

Qualifications to Work on Campus

To be eligible to work on campus, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be enrolled in and maintain six units during the regular school year (Exception: International Students must enroll in 12 or more units)
  • Have a 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average (GPA)
  • Maintain a 2.0 or better term GPA each semester
  • Pass Live Scan background check
  • Not attending Sierra College under the Academic Enrichment Program unless you work at NCC or Tahoe-Truckee under the Ghidotti Program 

Note: You may not hold a job as a temporary employee and a student employee at the same time. 

Work-Study Resources

Two Sierra College employees working in Rocklin Campus Library
Virtual Advisor

Get In Touch

Financial Aid Services — Nevada County

Nevada County

Building N1, Room 112

M-R: 8:30am-5pm; F: 8:30am-noon