Library Research Tools
Start Your Search Here
Sierra College Library provides students and faculty with access to dozens of specialized research databases. All these sources are available off-campus with your mySierra username and password. The selection below presents a few of our most popular databases.
Find Books and Videos
Materials not available at Sierra College can be requested from other libraries using the Interlibrary Loan Request Form. Before you submit a request, please check Discover!, the library’s search catalog, to make sure Sierra College does not own the item.
For requests between the Sierra College Rocklin, Nevada County and Tahoe-Truckee campuses, please use the “Request This Item” option via Discover!. Sierra College Library does not charge for this service, however, the lending library may charge lending fees or fees for photocopies. You will be notified by a staff member if there are any fees associated with your request.
Items to note about interlibrary loans:
- Interlibrary loan items can be picked up from the Rocklin campus and Nevada County Campus libraries only.
- There is a limit of five items on loan at the same time
- Allow at least one week to receive materials
- Interlibrary loans are not processed during semester breaks
The following items cannot be requested through interlibrary loan:
- Course textbooks
- CDs, DVDs, videos and audiobooks
- Reference books
- Materials owned by Sierra College Libraries (unless the item is missing)
Start Exploring at the Library
Use Discover! the library search tool to find a variety of library resources and tools available at the library.