How to Request Your Degree or Certificate
Congratulations! You’re closer than ever to completing your Associate Degree or Certificate. Whether you’re planning to transfer to a four-year university or heading into the workforce with upgraded skills, graduating from Sierra College is something to be proud of.
Steps to Graduate
- Log in to mySierra to check on your progress toward your degree or certificate. Locate DegreeWorks under “Counseling, Academic Planning and Degree Progress.” Learn more about DegreeWorks. If you have any questions or concerns, schedule an appointment with your Academic Counselor your Support Specialist in Sierra Connect.
- Request your degree or certificate by October 1 for fall graduation and March 1 for spring or summer graduation. Learn how to file a degree/certificate request.
- If you’re earning a degree and are interested in participating in Commencement, be sure to RSVP. Look for emails about this in March.
How to File a Degree/Certificate Request
There is no fee to request a degree/certificate. You should be enrolled in or have completed the final courses required for your degree/certificate before requesting (exception, summer degrees/certificates must be requested prior to enrollment or completion).
- Log in to mySierra
- Click on “Counseling, Academic Planning, and Degree Planner”
- Click on “Request Degree/Certificate. Note: You may request multiple degrees/certificates
- On the Request for Degree or Certificate page, click on the graduation term you’re completing your degree/certificate, and press Next
- Continue to fill in the form with your information, press Submit
- You will receive an email confirmation for each degree/certificate you request. You will also receive status updates in your email as your request is reviewed
The following must be met to be awarded your degree or certificate:
- Complete your major requirements with grades “C” or better
- Complete a minimum of 60 degree-applicable semester units
- 12 units must be completed at Sierra College (units received by Credit for Prior Learning do not count toward this requirement)
- Earn a minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all degree-applicable courses
- Earn grades of “C” or better in all required courses
- Complete at least 50% of required coursework at Sierra College (units received by Credit for Prior Learning do not count toward this requirement)
When to Expect Your Diploma
Allow approximately three months after the end of the semester or term you graduated to receive your diploma.
- You will receive your diploma at the mailing address on file with Sierra College. If your mailing address has changed, be sure to “Update My Personal Information” in mySierra.
- Degrees and Certificates of Achievement are posted on your official transcript before you receive your diploma. Check DegreeWorks via mySierra for your degree and/or certificate status.
- Skills certificates are not printed on the official transcript but will be mailed to the address on file.
Your unofficial transcript can be viewed and printed via mySierra. Through mySierra you can also order your official transcript.