Apply as an International Student
Sierra College welcomes students from all over the world! Whether you want to study English, earn a degree or prepare to transfer, we are here to support you. Follow these steps to apply and start your educational journey in the United States. Learn more about the International Student Program.
Steps to Apply
Follow these steps to apply, enroll and register for classes.
To become a Sierra College student, start by completing the international student application. The application fee is non-refundable ($100 US Dollars).
To attend Sierra College in the:
- Fall semester, apply by June 1
- Spring semester, apply by Nov. 1
- Summer session, apply by May 1
As part of the admissions process at Sierra College, you are required to complete a Transfer Eligibility Form to show that you are in status with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Information on this form will be used to determine your eligibility to transfer to Sierra College. Your transfer request will not be considered without the completion of this form.
Step 4: Complete the Requirements for International Student Admissions*
Our international admission requirements* conform to the regulations of the United States for issuing F-1 visas.
- Submit your TOEFL Score or IELTS Score. Minimum 133 CBT, 450 PBT, or 45 iBT; IELTS 5.0
- Submit an Original Bank Statement. Balance must be a minimum of $30,000 US Dollars.
- Provide Official Transcripts. Indicating completion of secondary school (if appropriate, translated into English)
- Submit a copy of your passport. Photo page of a valid passport.
Step 5: Complete the Student Visa Process
Once you are accepted at Sierra College, you will receive from Sierra College your Form I-20 and acceptance packet.
- After you receive your I-20, make an appointment at the US embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Pay the required Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) SEVIS I-901 fee online. Remember to take a copy of the receipt to your Visa appointment.
- Attend your US embassy or consulate appointment and remember to take all your documents with you (i.e., I-20, Sierra College acceptance letter, financial documents, etc.)
Step 6: Schedule Your Travel to Sierra College
You ‘re almost here! Start making your travel plans. Be sure to arrive a few days before the Orientation Date listed in your Acceptance Letter.
We’re Here For You
There are so many ways we can support you through your time at Sierra College. Whether you'll need help in the classroom, with resources at home, or financially, our staff is here to make sure you succeed. Find out how we can help.
Get In Touch
5100 Sierra College Blvd., Rocklin, CA, United States, 95677-3397
Phone: (916) 660-7330
Fax: (916) 630-4500