Sierra College is committed to making our campus grounds and online tools and applications accessible to individuals of all abilities. Our goal is to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for anyone who visits our campus in person and/or online.

Reporting an Accessibility Issue

If you are unable to access certain areas on our campus and/or in our online tools and applications, please report it immediately by submitting a Report Accessibility Issues Form.

The Report Accessibility Issues Form can be used to report:

  • Software and Systems Accessibility (i.e., mySierra, Canvas, Office 365). If you are a student, faculty or staff member experiencing log in issues, please submit a mySierra Help Request Form.
  • Buildings and Facilities Accessibility (i.e., walkways, entrances/doors, ramps/curbs, lighting, protruding objects)
  • Online Learning Accessibility (i.e., Distance Learning application)
  • Website Accessibility (i.e.,, Sierra Solutions help articles, InsideSierra)

If you are unable to access the Report Accessibility Issues Form for any reason, please call ITS at (916) 660-7700 or email

Accessibility Issue Resolution Process

Once we receive an accessibility problem, we will: 

  • Create a dated help ticket
  • Investigate the problem and give an initial response to you within 48 business hours
  • Determine the accessibility issue and what resolutions are available
  • Find out if there is an alternative access solution in the meantime

Types of Accessibility

Online Accessibility

  • Our goal is to make our online services and applications in compliance with California Government Code 7405, which requires such technologies to meet the accessibility requirements of Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. 794d, U.S.C. 255).
  • Web platforms and services are evolving constantly as is the support for assistive computer technologies.
  • For more information about providing feedback, please see Contacting Organizations About Inaccessible Websites from the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) for tips regarding what information you could provide so we can make improvements.


Telephone Accessibility

If you require special telephone service assistance, please access the Voice Recognition System or California Relay Service.

Voice Recognition System

You do not have to know the phone number for the person or department you wish to call. Using our Seneca Voice Recognition System, you may speak the name of the person or department and your call will automatically be transferred there.

From off campus:

  1. Dial: (916) 624-3333 or (530) 274-5300
  2. Press 9
  3. Speak the name of the person or department you wish to be transferred to.

From on campus:

  1. Dial ext. 1222
  2. Speak the name of the person or department you wish to be transferred to.

California Relay Service

If you have limitations hearing or speaking, the State of California offers California Relay Service (CRS), which can relay telephone conversations for all of your calls. 

Dial 711 to reach the California Relay Service (CRS).

Dialing 711 is for everyone, not just those who have difficulty hearing on a standard phone. If you prefer having your calls immediately answered in your preferred mode of communication, dial one of the toll-free language-specific numbers below. The call will be routed to the CRS provider. Learn how to make a relay call.

Type of Call LanguageToll-free 800 Number
TTY/VCO/HCO to VoiceEnglish


Voice to TTY/VCO/HCOEnglish


From or to 
English and Spanish1-800-854-7784

 CRS provides the full range of Relay services for: 

  • TeleTYpewriter (TTY) 
  • Voice Carry Over (VCO)
  • Two-line Voice Carry Over (2LVCO)
  • Hearing Carry Over (HCO)
  • Speech-to-Speech (STS)
  • Visually Assisted Speech-to-Speech (VA STS)
  • Voice
  • Enhanced Voice Carryover (Captioned Telephone or CapTel)