Prepare for College Transfer
Our Career and Transfer Connections team connects students with four-year university representatives, provides four-year university resources and general transfer pathway information. We also help students navigate the university transfer application process.
Steps to Transfer
- Identify your career goal
- Choose your major and transfer school, and learn more about guaranteed transfer to CSUs and UCs
- Develop your MAP with a counselor and stay on your path
- Complete the university transfer application
- Certify your transfer
- Prepare to graduate from Sierra College
Meet with University Representatives
Four-year University Admissions Representatives assist current students with the transfer process for their particular four-year institution. Admissions representatives can discuss general questions about majors, transfer and admissions requirements, and supports offered such as financial aid and housing options.
Find contact information and available one-on-one appointments for the universities you’re interested in by visiting the Career and Transfer Events Calendar for a quick glance at upcoming university representative visits.
How to Connect with a University Representative
Meeting with a university representative is a great way to get your transfer questions answered. Use this guide to learn what questions to ask or how to start the conversation.
University Transfer Applications
Ready to apply? Visit the application pages for CSUs and UCs to submit an application and learn when applications are due.
Submit an application to attend a CSU and obtain helpful application resources. Our Cal State Apply video tutorials include step-by-step guidance to complete the CSU application.
Explore universities and learn about various transfer pathways using the following resources.
- California State University (CSU) Locations: View the contact information and locations of all 23 CSUs.
- University of California (UC) Locations: View the contact information and locations of all 9 UCs.
- ADT: The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) guarantees your admission into participating CSUs if minimum eligibility requirements are met.
- TAG: The Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) guarantees admission into participating University of California (UC) campuses if students meet specific requirements. Our TAG video includes more information.
- CSU and UC Transfer Requirements: Find out what requirements must be completed before transferring to a CSU or UC.
- Transfer Virtual Resource Directory: View a listing of CSU, UC and AICCU transfer resources available online.
- Assist.org: Assist.org provides information about how course credits earned at one California Community College can be applied when transferring to a CSU or UC campus. Learn how to use Assist.org.
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE): Learn about the regional tuition discount agreement for participating universities in the Western United States.
- Association of Independent California College and Universities (AICCU): Explore the 85 independent, nonprofit colleges and universities located throughout California.
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU): California community college students who complete certain academic requirements are guaranteed transfer to a participating HBCU.
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU): Learn about the 299 HACU-member Hispanic-serving institutions (HSIs).
- LGBTQ+ friendly College Campus Search Tips: Learn about factors to consider when choosing an LGBTQ+ friendly college.