Veterans Success Center
Helping Our Veteran Community Integrate into Educational Life
The Veterans’ Success Center is a centralized place at Sierra College for veterans, military members, and their dependents. We understand that the transition from military to college life can be challenging, so we are committed to providing the best assistance in appreciation for your sacrifice and service. We can help with everything from processing your educational benefits to connecting you with resources and services offered at Sierra College and in our community.
We’re proud to be ranked #5 in the West for public two-year schools and #35 in the nation on Military Times’ “Best for Vets: Colleges” 2021 list.
Please fill out the information in the Contact Form and a VSC Representative will contact you.
At the Veterans Success Center, we can help:
- Provide information regarding VA education benefits, plus we have VA Certifying Officials who can initiate and process VA education benefits, including evaluating your military transcripts and Department of Defense Form 214 for college credit
- Assist with the Sierra College application and registration process
- Evaluate your military transcripts and Department of Defense Form 214 for college credit and establish priority registration for qualified Veterans who provide a DD Form 214 or military ID
- Provide a dedicated Veterans Success Center counselor and peer mentors who understand and are committed to our veterans’ needs and your educational progress so you can meet your goals
- Offer information about the various resources and services offered on- and off-campus
- Provide assistive technology, and computers and printer access in a designated study area for veterans
Veterans can learn more about VA Education Benefits, verify eligibility, and apply using this VA link.
Chapter 35- VA Education Benefits for Survivors and Dependents
Please visit U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs if you would like to apply or know more about Ch. 35.
Once you submit your application, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail that needs to be delivered to our office or emailed to: email@example.com.
CalVet College Fee Waiver for Veteran Dependents
Please visit CalVet if you would like to apply or know more about the CalVet Fee Waiver.
Once you’ve submitted your application to a local County Veterans Service Office (VSO), the VSO will give you a signed document you will need to deliver to the Sierra College Financial Aid department.