Apply to Attend College While in High School
Get ahead. Save money. And put your credits to use. Find out how you can take courses in high school that will get you on the path to your college education early.
Earn College Credit in High School Through Academic Enrichment or Dual Enrollment
At Sierra College, we offer two tracks for earning college credit while still in high school, at a participating school, or at Sierra College: Academic Enrichment and Dual Enrollment. Both options are tuition-free, and the credits you earn may count for both high school and college requirements. Taking college classes in high school is not only a smart financial decision, but an investment in your future.
Plus, if you decide to attend a two-year California Community College once you graduate from high school, earning college credit now will not affect your eligibility for Two Years Free.
Option 1: Academic Enrichment
Option 2: Dual Enrollment
The Sierra College Student Accessibility Services provides accommodation services to Sierra College students who have documented disabilities.
- Academic accommodations available at the college level differ from those available at the high school level.
- Dual Enrollment students must follow the same registration process as Sierra College students when requesting DSPS services. The registration process is found online at Student Accessibility Services.
- It is the responsibility of the student to provide documentation which verifies that the student’s condition meets the definition of a disability as defined by applicable laws (i.e., Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008).
- Federal Law requires that requests for services for students with disabilities be considered on an individual, case-by-case basis.
If you have questions about specific courses at Sierra College and how they relate to a particular career or major you’re considering, please schedule an appointment with a Sierra College Counselor. A counselor can help you understand how your Academic Enrichment or Dual Enrollment course fits into a pathway you are considering. Meeting with a Sierra College counselor should not replace meeting with your high school counselor. Please call the counseling office to book an appointment with:
- Rocklin Campus: (916) 660-7400
- Nevada County Campus: (530) 274-5303
- Tahoe-Truckee Campus: (530) 550-2225