Register for Classes
Learn How to Prepare for Class Registration
Whether you’re new to Sierra College or have taken classes here before, you can find helpful tutorials on registering for classes. Start by making sure you have access to mySierra, our student portal. Then, follow the steps to begin registering for classes.
How to Register for Classes
Follow the six steps below to register for classes or watch the How to Register for Classes video. Also, review answers to our most frequently asked questions about class registration.
Step 1: Go to mySierra
Access mySierra through the Sierra College website or download the mySierra app. Enter your username and password and hit “Login.”
Step 2: Complete the Pre-Registration Questionnaire
The questionnaire is used to keep your contact information and educational goal(s) current.
- Click on “Registration and Classes.”
- Select “Complete the Pre-Registration Questionnaire.” Learn what a Pre-Registration Questionnaire is.
Step 3: Check Your Eligibility and Holds
- Click “Registration and Classes”
- Select “View my Registration Eligibility and Holds”
- Select your registration term
If there is a hold on your account, you will need to follow the directions to resolve it before you can register. For any monetary holds, contact the Cashier’s Office.
Step 4: Add, Drop, or Withdraw from Classes
- Click “Registration and Classes.”
- Click “Add, Drop or Withdraw from Classes.”
- Select a term and click Submit to be directed to a new page where you will be able to add classes.
Step 5: Find the Course Number
- Click “Class Search” at the bottom of the page.
- Find the courses you want and add the course number “CRN” to the “Add Class Worksheet.” NOTE: Many courses offer Zero Textbook Costs for textbooks that are free (represented by green icon with $0 in the Class Schedule) and Low Textbook Costs for textbooks costing under $50 (represented by yellow icon with dollar sign and down arrow in the Class Schedule).
- Click “Submit Changes” after adding “CRNs” and then click “View and Pay Fees.”
Step 6: View and Pay Fees
3 Ways to pay:
- Select “Fee Payment” if you’d like to pay with a credit card.
- Select “Payment Coupon” if you have one.
- Select “Payment Plan” if you’d like to set up a payment plan.
Learn more about paying for college, including payment options and deadlines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to commonly asked questions about class registration, waitlists and paying for classes.