Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) and CARE
EOPS and CARE provide support for low income or educationally disadvantaged students. Qualified students EOPS receive one on one help with a number of services, including:
- Academic, Career and Personal Counseling
- Instruction and referrals for tutoring.
- Special attention is given to identify, plan, develop and achieve the academic, career and personal goals you would like to achieve.
CARE (Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education) Program For Single Parents
Another component of EOPS is the Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) program. This program provides educational support services for the academically under prepared, single parent population who are receiving benefits through CalWORKS/TANF and are EOPS eligible.
Applying for EOPS
If you are interested in attending Sierra College and receiving services, it is very important that you complete the following as early as possible. Please note that in order to receive services you must contact us before the semester begins.
EXTENDED OPPORTUNITY PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Get one-on-one academic, career and personal counseling.
- Priority One Registration
- Step ahead of the line when registrating for classes.
- Receive coupons to help pay for books.
- Get a free parking permit or Placer Transit Bus pass.
- Graduation Cost
- Let us pay filing fees and for your graduation cap and gown.
- Transfer Fees
- Get a waiver for your UC/CSU admission fees.