International Students: How to Apply
Sierra is dedicated to helping you with the entire international admissions process every step of the way.
To become a Sierra College student, start with the international student application.
Optional form: Transfer Clearance Form
Required for International Student Admissions*
If you have any questions or need further information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or + 1 916 660 7330.
Paying the application fee
You can send the application fee by the following methods
- Bank draft or cashiers check.
- Master card or visa. Complete this credit card authorization form.
- Wire Transfer.
In the United States health care can be expensive. All international students are required to purchase medical insurance from the Sierra College recommended provider.
All students are also required to submit to Sierra College, proof of freedom from tuberculosis before the start of classes. This report must be professionally translated into English and dated within 3 months before the start of classes.
Student Visa Process
- Apply to Sierra College. Once you are accepted, you will receive from Sierra College your Form I-20 and acceptance packet.
- Once you receive your I-20 make an appointment at your embassy. Read our helpful Visa Tips and Student Coming to USA information sheets.
- Pay the SEVIS requirement fee on line – remember to take a copy of the receipt to your appointment at the embassy. For more info: www.FMJfee.com
- Go to your appointment and remember to take all your documents with you, (I-20, acceptance letter, financial documents, etc.)
- Make your travel plans to come to Sierra approximately 2 weeks before classes begin to attend testing and orientation