Financial Aid

Financial Support for Students

Currently, Sierra College Financial Aid Office has moved our operation online due to concerns about the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19. The situation is being closely monitored and Sierra College is responding with an abundance of caution to protect the health and safety of students, employees, and our community. Sierra College Financial Aid Office will therefore be operating remotely and for an indefinite period of time.  Sierra College is working with public health agencies to determine when on-campus operations will resume.  

During this time, Financial Aid services will continue predominantly remotely as all district campuses and facilities are closed. You can easily check your status of Financial Aid by logging into your account in mySierra, the same system that you use to enroll in classes. Once you login to MySierra, click the financial aid icon.  The information listed there is applicable and up-to-date.

To learn more, visit Department of Education Required Disclosures for the Receipt and Use of CARES Act Funds

Grants, Waived Fees, Book Vouchers, Scholarships, Student Employment, Loans and More

Paying for college can be a big challenge. Many people don't realize that they qualify for Financial Aid benefits, so we recommend that everyone apply: Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to start. 

Tip: The FAFSA asks about 100 questions and can take about 30 minutes to fill out. If you gather all of the documents you need ahead of time, it will be much easier and faster to complete.

You will need:

  • An FSA ID to sign electronically
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Sierra College’s school code: 001290
  • Your federal income tax returns, W-2s and other records of money earned

Need help? Watch this video on completing the FAFSA.

If you are a non-resident of the U.S., you may be eligible for Financial Aid through the California Dream Act. Watch a California Dream Act Application tutorial video

Start Your FAFSA  Apply for CA Dream Act Attend a Financial Aid Event

Two Years Free

Find out if your first two years of tuition could be free!

Learn More

Types of Financial Aid

Get Money for College Classes by Applying for Grants

State and Federal Grants, unlike a loan, do not have to be paid back. Fill out a FAFSA to see if you qualify for either the California Grant (Cal Grant) or Federal Grants (Pell Grants).

The Pell Grants amounts are determined on your FAFSA results, your school's cost of attendance, and your status as a full-time or part-time student.

The Cal Grant has two deadlines: March 2nd and September 2nd. Fill out a FAFSA, then submit your GPA electronically. Undocumented students can also apply by first completing the California Dream Act Application online by March 2nd. Learn more about how to apply for a Cal Grant.

Learn More About Grants

Receive Scholarships and Award Money to Pay for College While Building Your Resume

Sierra College offers a large number of Scholarships and Awards for students from all walks of life and circumstances. The categories and eligibility requirements are widely varied; not just for financial need or academic performance. Fill out the 2021-22 Scholarship Application and you will be automatically matched to all of the scholarships for which you are eligible. The deadline to submit an application is March 2, 2020.

Learn More About Scholarships See What Scholarships are Available

Earn Money and Gain Work Experience While in College


Eligible students can find part-time, on-campus employment through the Sierra College Work Study Program. If you’ve completed the current academic year’s FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid Office to add your name to the Federal Work-study waitlist. Have a job ready in case you are chosen from the list.

TANF/CalWORKS Students may also be eligible for the CalWORKS Work-Study Program. Learn More about CalWORKS Work Study.

On-Campus and Off-Campus Jobs

Financial Aid can also help you get on-campus jobs. You can find an on-campus or off-campus job through Career and Transfer Connections.

Learn More About Student Employment

Pay for College with a Student Loan

Borrow money at a student rate to help you pay for college and college-related expenses. Do your research: find out the different interest-rates, true costs, and duration of loans available to you. 

Learn More About Student Loans

Get Your College Enrollment Costs Waived

The majority of Sierra College students are eligible for the California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver (CCPG), formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver. It is available to California residents and eligible non-residents (AB540 students) who meet specific income eligibility requirements. The program waives tuition and reduces the Parking Permit Fee. The Health Fee is also waived for students who qualify under Method A. This fee waiver will be in effect for the academic year (fall, spring, and summer). There are no minimum or maximum unit requirements.

Learn more about CCPG Fee Waiver

Help Paying for Books 

Eligible students will be awarded Book Vouchers which can be used right before and during the first week of the semester to buy books or school supplies at the Sierra College Campus Bookstore. All Book Vouchers are posted on your Financial Aid Student Requirements. To check to see if you have been awarded a book voucher do the following:

  1. Log in to mySierra
  2. Select Financial Aid
  3. View My Financial Aid Status by selecting aid year of 2020-21
  4. Select student requirements

Learn more about Book Vouchers

Contact Financial Aid

Rocklin Campus L

  • Fall and Spring Hours
    M-Th: 8:00am - 5:30pm
    F: 8:00am - 5:00pm

    Students may leave a voice mail and your call will be returned as quickly as possible.

Nevada County Campus N1 112

  • Fall and Spring Hours
    M-Th: 8:30am - 5:30pm
    F: 8:30am - 12:00pm