Academic and Personal Counseling

Individual and group counseling is important to help guide and support you through your college experience. Our counselors provide orientation, in-person and online academic planning and personal counseling services, such as crisis intervention, follow-up, and referral services.

Our counselors also teach a number of Personal Development classes to help students improve their study and life skills, enhance their critical thinking and reasoning, and explore their interests and career goals

A counselor talking to a student

Academic Counseling

Partner with a counselor to meet your educational goals.

A pensive student

Personal Counseling

Contact a counselor for help with any personal concerns.

Student with laptop

Email and Online Counseling

Receive academic counsel through online methods.


Contact Academic and Personal Counseling

Online Academic Counseling Options

Online Video Counseling

Take advantage of our online counseling sessions to video chat one-on-one with an academic counselor. Call the Rocklin or Nevada County campus to schedule an online counseling session. Please note: this service is not for new students. Find out more and schedule your appointment.

Ask a Counselor Chat

Ask general counseling-related questions by using our instant message chat button located in the lower right corner of the academic counseling page. All potential and current students are welcome to use this feature.

Email Counseling

Email counseling is available to all Sierra College students. If your question is complex or if you want to process a dismissal petition, you may be asked to schedule an in-person counseling appointment. Find out more about how to email counseling.

Rocklin Campus L 150

  • Phone: (916) 660-7400
  • Fax: (916) 630-4510
  • Fall and Spring Hours
    M-Th: 8:00am - 5:30pm
    F: 8:00am - 5:00pm

    Title IX: Sexual and Domestic Violence Support Number 916-660-8400. Hours M-F: 8am to 5pm.

Nevada County Campus N1 216

  • Phone: (530) 274-5303
  • Fax: (530) 274-5336
  • Fall and Spring Hours
    M-Th: 8:30am - 5:30pm
    F: 8:30am - 12:00pm

    Title IX: Sexual and Domestic Violence Support Number 916-660-8400. Hours M-F 8 to 5

Tahoe-Truckee Campus 105

  • Phone: (530) 550-2225
  • Fax: (530) 550-2229
  • Fall and Spring Hours
    M-Th: 9:00am - 6:30pm
    F: 9:00am - 4:00pm

    Online scheduling not available for this campus; In-person visits by appointment only.